- Timeline: 13 to 15 December 2016
- Location: North Star School Campus, Ghana
- Class: 10-15 (Ages 12-14)
- Day 1 – Capture Samples: Record sounds from a variety of sources (natural and technical).
- Day 2 – Explore Software: Navigate in a DAW software and midi controller.
- Day 3 – Produce Sound: Multi-track recording and audio production techniques using DAW programs.
PANDORA (Oakland, California): Music streaming and automated music recommendation service powered by the Music Genome Project. The company has donated 2 Macbook Pro laptops for this project.
ABLETON (Berlin, Germany): Makers of the Ableton Push and associated software. The company has donated one Push 1 Unit to The Taiwo Fund for this project.
- Published Music Online - The music created by the students will be published online.
- Physical CDs - Physical copies will also be available.
- Music Video - A video of the workshop will be produced and published online.
1 Portable Amp 2 Midi-Controllers
DAW Software 1 Video Projector Set
2 Field Audio Recorders 1 Power Generator
* Italics indicate fulfilled requests
SUDAN ARCHIVES / Co-Instructor
Los Angeles based African folk violinist and electronic music producer. Producer of North Star All-Stars album. Taiwo Fund Volunteer.
BRETT GILDERSLEEVE / Co-Instructor
Oakland based guitarist, audio systems engineer and electronic music producer. Program Manager at Pandora. Taiwo Fund Volunteer.
Interested in being a Taiwo Fund Volunteer or donating equipment?
Send us an email email@example.com